Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Recently a stay home mom and don't know what to do...

When I first gave birth to my son, I tried to stay at home mom thing and could not stand to sit still and just watch my baby. Having been in the workforce almost all my life, this new stay at home experience was very strange and hard. So after the first three months, I hired a nanny and went back to work. I thought going back to work would be easy, but being away from my son, was even harder than I thought.
I had to find a solution that allowed me to spend the needed time with my son and work at the same time.
If you've looked for work-from-home opportunities like I had, you know that they are not easy to find, and sometimes they are not legit.
It took me a while to decide to start my own small business organization - http://thebamentor.com - a training organization that provides online training for business analysts. Once I got started, the journey wasn't as easy as I thought. I had to spend less time with my baby in order to get the company going. It was only after a good 6 months that I was able to stay home with Nathan for most part of the day.
With the new pregnancy and because the company is more stable, it has become possible to slow down and stay at home with my son.
The only issues is that now that I am here staying at home with him, I don't know what to do with him. My son is 2 and half years old. And because he spend 4 to 5 hours away from me during the day, it was easy for me to find activities to do when he was around. Most of those activities are geared toward his learning. So since he was 1, he knew his alphabet, he can count to 10, and how he is learning to read. We also do other fun stuff like going to the park, feed the ducks, library story times... etc.
It just seems that all of these activities are getting really old (at least from my perspective). We can't keep going to the park everyday, nor feeding the ducks all the time. I want to spice things up a bit with other activities during the day time. But what can I do in atlanta, ga that doesn't cost too much (preferably for free) with a two year old?
I am hoping to start a series of blog that will highlight my journey of things I find to do in atlanta, ga for my son and I (hopefully for free) while waiting for my daughter to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment